1. Please use eventbrite to collect attendee information.
It lets you customize attendee info, and you can do an excel download of registrants. Make sure it lists the attendee list pubilcally to help with "social proof." The settings are at the bottom of eventbrite.
2. Tell HubSpot about your meetup via the meetup form as soon as it's available.
Occasionally, local HUG meetups will be featured in our monthly customer newsletter, our Content Camp blog, as well as the Company blog very soon.
3. Each Local HUG gets one direct email send to HubSpot users in your area.
In order to redeam that send, email Rebecca suggested email copy with the details of the event. She needs three weeks notice in order to schedule the send in time to promote the meetup.
4. Do a LinkedIn Announcement to your members via LinkedIn.
Make sure to have a specific CTA in the announcement, add a catchy email subject line, and include the agenda.
5. We are working with the product team to get HUGs more integrated into the software itself.
That will be an exciting advancement that should significantly increase visibility.