Becoming a HUG Leader is an honor that holds strong responsibility. It's a great opportunity to engage a group of smart marketers and business owners and learn from each other. It takes some work to build that group and make it successful!
Before you request to become the HUG leader in your geographic area, please read the responsibilities and guidelines below. They're meant to help you understand what it takes to grow a successful HUG so all members (yourself included!) benefit and enjoy themselves.
A HubSpot User Group Leader:
1. Is a HubSpot customer in good-standing, with a 3 month history or longer.
2. Is evaluated annually by HubSpot to guarentee the leader is maintaining a positive environment.
3. Holds 4-6 meetups a year with HUG members.
4. Is prepared to commit 1-2 hours a week to maintain and grow the group.
5. Posts meeting agendas to their LinkedIn Groups, and hosts ongoing online discussions to promote healthy discussion.
6. Ensures that meetup content and presentations are educational in nature, not material that pitches a product or service.
7. Does not use the HUG as a direct method to send traffic or leads to its website.
8. HubSpot VARs wishing to lead a HUG should be Certified HubSpot Partners, after passing the VAR exam.