Determine Meetup Venue:
Create Your Meeting Agenda:
Establish a Promotion Plan:
Create your Registration Page:
1. Create a registration page for every meet-up so members can sign up. Use your HUG's HubSpot account to create a registration page via the landing pages tool. If you would like to also promote your meet-up on the free service Eventbrite, you can embed the Eventbrite registration widget on your landing page.
2. Once you have your registration page set up, you will set up the follow up materials for members to receive after they register. This includes:
3. If using Eventbrite, they will set up a confirmation email and reminder email automatically. These emails are customizable and we recommend you review the email copy.
4. Using your HUG's HubSpot account, we recommend creating a workflow to manage the registration process for your meetups.
Tell Us About Your Meetup:
1. Practice at least 3 times before the HUG meet-up. Practicing makes for an excellent public speaker.
2. Have a guest speaker? Have them send you their presentation 4 days before so you can review and request edits if needed.
Double check your event details1. Create name tags for attendees. You can either print these off or write them out ahead of time.
Greet your guests
1. Have a dedicated "greeter" at the door welcoming members as they arrive.
2. Be sure to check your members in as they arrive. Store their name and email so that you can share it with us in an excel document later on.